Healthy Eating Week 2017 at Holy Trinity was a huge success. We are proud to call ourselves a healthy eating school all year round but this week everyone made an extra special effort to bring in healthy lunches. Well done to the children and to all of the behind-the-scenes lunchbox packers.
Some of the highlights of the week –
- Every day our principal Mr Henry came on the intercom to tell us fascinating food facts. Did you know that honey is the only food that never goes bad? And eating celery burns more calories than it contains?
- Ms Woods and Ms Heffernan gave healthy eating demonstrations at assemblies this week. They showed us how to make deliciously healthy frozen yoghurt bars and jam. Yum!
- Individual classes enjoyed tasting new healthy foods and learning more about the benefits of eating a healthy diet.
- The children’s knowledge was put to the test with a healthy eating quiz over the intercom on Friday.
Here at Holy Trinity Senior School we believe that the benefits of eating a healthy, balanced diet are immeasurable for both body and mind. The boys and girls were extremely engaged and excited about healthy eating this week which was great to see. Now let’s keep it up for the year!
Special thanks to Ms O’Leary for all of the hard work and planning surrounding healthy eating week.
Some photos from the week –
Fruity Frozen Yoghurt Bars!
(A healthy breakfast option)
1 pot of Greek yoghurt
1 tablespoon of honey
Toppings of your choice!
(we suggest berries, nuts, seeds, raisins)
1. Pour the yoghurt into a bowl
2. Add the honey and mix well
3. Line a tray with baking paper
4. Spread the mixture onto the tray
5. Add your chosen toppings
6. Freeze overnight
7. Enjoy your healthy treat!